These instructions are for installing OmniLink On Pocket PC Using Windows 7 (if you are using XP...search Omnilink XP for different instructions)
First you need to determine what software version the Pocket PC has.
- Turn the Pocket PC on
- Click the Windows icon
- Click settings
- Click the Systems tab
- Click About
The version should be listed as Windows Mobile 5, Windows Mobile 2003, PPC 2003, or PPC Pre-2003.
Now we need to get the software over to the pocket pc.
- You will first need to make sure that your pocket pc is plugged in and you have setup a partnership using Mobile Device center on your Windows 7 machine
- Download the "Windows 7 ODL Versions", see the bottom of the page.
- Unzip folder
- Choose the folder that matches your Pocket PC software version.
- Double click the file and follow the onscreen directions.
- If this is a Windows Mobile 5 version you will also have some other things to do with Reg Edit. Download "Enable Rapi" (below) and follow the directions.
Chances are you are installing this because it is a new pocket pc or the battery died. In both cases you will need to change the settings for the Beam and apply Daylight Savings Patches. Search this site for information on how to do that.